TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR STATION MANAGERS OF IMS STATIONS OPERATING UNDER PCA CONTRACTS
Online Training Course through a video-conferencing platform
15-19 November 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Managers with the knowledge and technical understanding of the PTS procurement process, how to initiate a change in the station budget, and how to plan for operations and maintenance at IMS stations under PCA contracts.
- Overview of Operations and Maintenance Activities at IMS station
- Procurement process for PCA contract management
- Preventive (Scheduled) vs Corrective (Unscheduled) maintenance procedures
- Implementation of PCA budget and Submission of PCA Deliverables
- Introduction of PCA Proposal Templates
- Hands-on: Preparation and Submission of PCA proposal:
- Preparation of O&M plan
- Preparation of Budget
- Presenting Proposal
Individuals with managerial and planning responsibility at certified IMS stations with PCA contracts in place or PCA contracts to be concluded in 2021 and 2022.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
States Signatories hosting IMS stations with PCA contracts should nominate participant(s) who are station managers directly involved in the planning and management of operation and maintenance activities.
Priority will be given to managers who have not received trainings on PCA contract management and Operation and Maintenance Planning.
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Application deadline: 10 September 2021
State Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
- The duration of online sessions is 3 hours a day, the scheduled period of time is 13:00-16:00 UTC
- The meeting room will be opened 30 mins prior to the start time.