TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
ONLINE training course through a videoconferencing platform
Vienna International Centre, Austria
4-15 October 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6132
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analzying IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
- Necessary NDC's resources to process IMS Data and analyze IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on data and products access;
- Use of standard software modules in the NDC-in-a-Box package for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionuclide data, including comparison with analysis results in IDC products;
- Post processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
Deadline for Application: 23 August 2021
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
In addition, applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.