TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF WAVEFORM IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Online training course through the WebEx video-conferencing platform
5-9 July 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Establishment, Operation and Assistance of a National Data Centre;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- Introduction to NDC-in-a-Box SHI Software Package:
- Analyzing seismic events with Geotool;
- SeisComP3: Configuring and Running
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are desirable;
- Passing the NDC e-Learning course is a prerequisite.
Note: E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training portal (https://ktp.ctbto.org). To register, please visit the e-Learning webpage (https://www.ctbto.org/ndc-e-course) and follow instructions.
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Application deadline: 25 June 2021
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKPLACE ARRANGEMENTS
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.