2022 NDC Workshop
Government of the Kingdom of Spain
3-7 October 2022
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
The 2022 NDC Workshop is being organized by the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization in cooperation with the Government of the Kingdom of Spain.
The workshop will focus on the ability of National Data Centres (NDCs) to carry out their verification activities, including access to IMS data and IDC products and SHI and RN data sharing among NDCs. The objectives of the workshop are:
- Provide a forum for NDC experts to share their experience in fulfilling their verification responsibilities;
- Provide NDC feedback to the PTS on all aspects of the data, products, services and support NDCs in their work; under this objective, particular emphasis will be put on:
(a) NDC contributions to Performance Monitoring and Testing (through NPEs* and other means);
(b) Discussions on NDC involvement in the IDC Progressive Commissioning Plan.
(c) Discussion of recent and ongoing IDC projects.
- Review of NDC recommendations;The progress results of the NPE19 will be presented and discussed, including analysis of the NPE19 event using IMS Data and other data obtained by national means. The scenario of the next NPE will also be drafted at this workshop;
- Contributions on the interaction between NDCs and research and development-related topics will also be considered.
*NPE- NDC Preparedness Exercise
Following the presentation and discussions of the WGB52 NDC Session, and pending NDC and WGB input that will determine the final agenda, the tentative Topics for the NDC Workshop 2022 are:
(a) PTS Data, Products, Services, and Support
- NDC Contribution to Performance Monitoring and Testing
- Discussions on NDC involvement in the IDC Progressive Commissioning Plan
- Discussion of recent and ongoing IDC projects
- NDC feedback on PTS data, products, services, and support
(b) NDC Preparedness Exercise 2019
- Progress results of the NPE2019
- Plans for future exercises
(c) NDC Forum
- Cooperation and Interaction in research and development among the NDCs;
- Information and Data sharing among NDCs and
- NDC feedback to the PTS
(d) Technical Meeting - IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Plan (VATP)
(e) Review of NDC Recommendations
(f) Side-meeting in Spanish to discuss the NDCs issue among the Spanish speaking NDCs
The workshop is open only to the CTBT States Signatories and is intended for persons involved in NDC-related activities.
Applicants are requested to register online at the CTNW platform of the Commission: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Registration deadline: 15 June 2022
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for the application.
For participants receiving funding from the Commission, please note that following the Staff Rules and Regulations and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue, and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economical route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost-efficient for the PTS;
- Information on hotel booking and method of covering expenses will be sent to participants after the registration/application deadline;
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop, including transportation time.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance letter from the Provisional Technical Secretariat to ensure timely processing.
If not PTS funded, it is strongly recommended that all participants acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop before departure.
Current COVID-19 Measures
Please Visit the below for more information on the current COVID-19 measures in and for Spain:
This is a re-announcement of the “NDC Workshop 2020” postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions.