TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING FOR ADVANCED WEB-GRAPE USERS
ONLINE training course through a videoconferencing platform
28 - 29 March 2022
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6132
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Improving the knowledge on post-processing of ATM outputs (SRS files) and how it can help in establishing the verification regime and in civil and scientific applications of IMS data;
- Refining user skills of Web-Grape functionalities available in the NDC-in-a-Box package and in its online Web-Grape Internet Based Service (Web-Grape-IBS);
- Promoting the exchange of experience and expertise in ATM and Web-Grape among the NDCs.
- Accessing IMS data and IDC products;
- Live demonstration and hands-on exercises on advanced functionalities available in Web-Grape like: Continuously Emitting Sources (CES), Network Coverage (NC), Data Fusion, Possible Source Region (PSR) – all available algorithms, Multiple Model Field-of-Regard (MMFOR);
- In-depth analysis of real events using Web-Grape.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
Deadline for Application: 27 February 2022
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (through Point of Contact above ) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
In addition, applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.