VIRTUAL EXPERT MEETING ON ADVANCES IN WAVEFORM PROCESSING AND SPECIAL STUDIES
Online training course through the WebEx
17-21 October 2022
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The PTS is actively pursuing initiatives to improve the performance of the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline. Some active research and development areas are:
- Further development of an integrated waveform quality control module and its application in all stages of the automatic processing pipeline;
- Evaluating the new methods that can improve the pipeline performance in processing aftershock sequences and recurring events;
- Evaluating and integrating new detectors and associators into the IDC processing pipeline;
- Tuning components of IDC pipeline processing in order to optimize their performance;
- Advances in event screening;
- Evaluating global seismic and/or hydro-acoustic 3D travel time models and optimizing location capabilities.
The objective of this technical expert meeting is twofold:
- Part of of the meeting will be dedicated to exploring advances to waveform processing that may improve the IDC waveform pipeline processing, including tools and methodologies for testing and validation;
- Part of the meeting will be dedicated to discussing waveform Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis - procedures, methods, use of data and content of UEB and SRMR.
Meeting participants are welcome to contribute to the technical meeting by making a brief presentation related to one of the topics above.
To be determined.
The focus of the meeting will be on Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis - developing procedures, methods, guidelines on use of data, and content of UEB and SRMR.
Experts from NDCs and research establishments that are involved in testing, applying and developing waveform methods that may be suitable for inclusion into the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline, or may be applicable to Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis.
Participants are invited to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform https://ctnw.ctbto.org, where abstracts can also be submitted using online submission forms.
No registration fee will be charged.
Deadline for abstract submission, registration and application:
19 August 2022
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts to participate are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (See Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ARRANGEMENTS OF PARTICIPANT'S WORKPLACE
- Speed of good Internet connection
- Windows Operating system is preferable
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera