Technical Training for Station Managers of IMS stations operating under PCA contracts
Vienna International Centre
6-10 May 2024
The working language will be English
To provide Station Managers with the knowledge and technical understanding of the PTS procurement process, the scope of O&M activities in the PCA contract, change to the PCA contract, managerial responsibilities of the station manager, mechanisms for USM and logistical support, configuration change management process, and communication with PTS through reporting.
- Overview of Operations and Maintenance at IMS stations
- PTS procurement process and financial regulations
- The scope of O&M activities in the PCA contract
- Change to the PCA contract.
- Managerial responsibilities of the station manager
- Mechanisms for USM and logistical support
- Configuration change management process
- Communication with PTS through reporting
- Hands-on exercise on the preparation of PCA proposal
Individuals with managerial and planning responsibility at certified IMS stations with PCA contracts in place or PCA contracts to be concluded in 2024 and 2025.
States Signatories hosting IMS stations with PCA contracts should nominate participant(s) who are station managers directly involved in the planning and management of operation and maintenance activities.
Priority will be given to managers who have not received training on PCA contract management and Operation and Maintenance Planning.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration form(s) should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact, no later than 15 March 2024
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover the related expenses during the technical training;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All participants will be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.