The use of this website constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
1. The Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) administers this website (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (the “User(s)”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only and as such is not an official record. The CTBTO grants permission to the Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials of the CTBTO (collectively, the “CTBTO Materials”) from the Site, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific materials within this Site.
2. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the CTBTO Materials are those of the various CTBTO staff members and other CTBTO personnel who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the CTBTO or its Member States.
3. The CTBTO Materials and third-party materials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The CTBTO specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. The CTBTO may, at its discretion, periodically add, change, improve or update materials on the Site without notice. The CTBTO undertakes no obligation to keep materials on the Site up-to-date.
4. This Site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The CTBTO does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any user of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk.
5. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the CTBTO be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential expenses or damages incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto, even if the CTBTO has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the CTBTO is not liable for any conduct of any user.
7. As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the CTBTO from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of such User's use of the Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any of the materials on the Site or with any of Terms and Conditions of Use, the User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
8. CTBTO content of this Site is protected by copyright. The CTBTO grants permission to the Users to visit the Site and to download, preprint and copy the CTBTO Materials from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use and for research and teaching purposes, provided that appropriate acknowledgement of the CTBTO as the source is given and that the CTBTO's endorsement of the Users' views, products or services is not stated or implied in any way. The User shall not resell or redistribute the CTBTO Materials or compile or create derivative works therefrom without appropriate permission of the CTBTO. Specific restrictions and/or conditions may apply to specific CTBTO Materials within this Site.
9. This Site may include third-party copyright materials for which rights and permissions must be obtained from the copyright holder(s) indicated. The CTBTO has made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge rights holders and to correctly apply terms and conditions to such materials. Under no circumstances shall the CTBTO be held responsible for any copyright infringements arising from the use of third-party content.
10. This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked websites are not under the control of the CTBTO, and the CTBTO is not responsible for their contents. The CTBTO provides these links only as a convenience, and the presence of a link does not imply endorsement or approval of its contents by the CTBTO.
Use of maps, country names and company names
11. The designations employed on any map, CTBTO Materials or third-party materials contained herein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the CTBTO concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
12. The State and Station data on this Site reflect Annex 1 of the Protocol to the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), along with administrative and technical changes thereto, where agreed by CTBT States Signatories.
13. The mentioning of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of the CTBTO.
14. This Site may contain forums, comment sections, bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”). The User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful materials or information;
c) Upload or attach files that contain software or other materials protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
d) Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
f) Falsify the origin or source of software or other materials contained in a file that is uploaded;
g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
15. The User acknowledges that all Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by the CTBTO, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by the CTBTO. The CTBTO reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from the Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
16. The CTBTO reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any materials in any respect. The CTBTO shall have no obligation to take the needs of the User into consideration in connection therewith.
17. The CTBTO reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion the User’s access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
18. No waiver by the CTBTO of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
Privileges and immunities
19. Nothing herein shall constitute a waiver, either express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of the CTBTO and its employees, which are specifically reserved and/or of the provisions of the Agreement between the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization and the Republic of Austria Regarding the Seat of the Commission of 18 March 1997.
20. By accessing this Site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on CTBTO servers. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis. If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. The CTBTO, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
21. This Site uses “cookies”. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to a user’s device when that user visits a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and therefore allow enhanced functionality.
a) to compile statistical data on the use of this Site and its functioning, so that we can monitor and improve it;
b) to allow us to share our web pages via social media platforms.
23. If the User wishes to restrict or block cookies, the User can set the web browser to do so.