Annex 2 State*
|Centre for Radiation and Nuclear Safety Helsinki||Radionuclide Laboratories||RL07||Certified|
Presided over the 2003 Article XIV Conference.
Through five so-called EU Joint Actions adopted in the framework of the European Union's Common Foreign and Security Policy, Finland has made substantial voluntary contributions in support of the CTBTO's work in areas such as training, verification regime enhancement and technical assistance to third countries. Both the 2012 EU Joint Action and the preceding one in 2010 amounted to over 5 million euro.
Workshops and seminars hosted (selection):
- OSI Directed Exercise (Seismic Aftershock Monitoring System and Continuation Period Techniques) from 28 July to 12 August 2009
- Technical Training Programme for Radionculide Station Operators from 4 to 8 November 2002
- Technical Training Programme for Radionuclide Station Operators from 8 to 12 April 2002
- Technical Training Programme for Radionuclide Station Operators from 23 to 27 April 2001
- Technical Training Programme for Radionuclide Station Operators from 11 to 15 December 2000
Finland was the 27th State to ratify the CTBT, see CTBTO press release.
Facility Agreement entered into force on 6 June 2000, see CTBTO press release.