Annex 2 State*
|Mont Dzumac||Auxiliary Seismic||AS032||Certified|
|Port Laguerre, New Caledonia||Infrasound||IS22||Certified|
|Reunion||Radionuclide with Noble Gas||RN29||Certified|
|Port-aux-Francais, Kerguelen||Radionuclide with Noble Gas||RN30||Certified|
|Kourou, French Guiana||Radionuclide with Noble Gas||RN31||Certified|
|Dumont d'Urville, Antartica||Radionuclide||RN32||Certified|
|Atomic Energy Commission||Radionuclide Laboratories||RL08||Certified|
|Papeete, Tahiti||Radionuclide with Noble Gas||RN27||Certified|
|Montagne des PÃ¨res, French Guiana||Auxiliary Seismic||AS033||Certified|
Tsunami Warning Agreement: Yes (19 November 2010)
Through five so-called EU Joint Actions adopted in the framework of the European Union's Common Foreign and Security Policy, France has made substantial voluntary contributions in support of the CTBTO's work in areas such as training, verification regime enhancement and technical assistance to third countries. Both the 2012 EU Joint Action and the preceding one in 2010 amounted to over 5 million euro.
Workshops and seminars hosted (selection):
- Technical Training Programme Course for Radionuclide Station Operators from 3 to 7 December 2012
- Technical Training Programme Course for Station Operators of SPALAX Noble Gas Detector Systems from 4 to 8 July 2011
- Technical Training Programme Course for Station Operators of SPALAX Noble Gas Detector Systems from 27 to 30 September 2010, Paris
- CTBTO Workshop on Machine Learning and Earth Structure, from 6 to 9 September 2010, Montpellier
- Technical Training Programme Course for Station Operators of SPALAX Noble Gas Detector Systems from 11 to 15 January 2010, Paris
Presided over 2009 Article XIV Conference together with Morocco.
The France ratified the CTBT jointly with the United Kingdom, as the 12th and 13th States to do so, see CTBTO press release.
Featured station: primary seismic station PS18, Tahiti
Facility Agreement entered into force on 1 May 2004.
"[France] has spared effort to promote, together with Morocco, at the highest possible level, in every multilateral forum and every bilateral meeting, the universalization of the Treaty and its earliest possible entry into force."
Foreign Minister Alain Jupp é at the 2011 Article XIV Conference in New York
"As of now, the CTBTO is capable of performing the monitoring mission given to it by the Treaty. And as of tomorrow, no State will be able to carry out a nuclear test without the knowledge of the international community."
Former Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner in CTBTO Spectrum 13